Picnic Brownies (from Lion House Bakery cookbook)
4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (Okay, maybe I should add something here; I used Lindt Excellence intense dark chocolate, mostly 80% but had to use a little 70% -- if these tasted particularly good, the good chocolate could have been part of the reason.)
1 C butter
2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds. And remember, if you want the best flavor, toast them in the oven. Which I didn't do.
1 C chocolate chips (I used Guittard milk chocolate, because I LOVE them, but I know dark chocolate is all the rage now)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
Carefully melt butter and chocolate together in microwave. (Be REALLY careful, because it is so easy to burn. I think I did a minute or two on 50% power, let it sit, then I had to do a little more. But watch it.) In medium bowl, mix sugar, vanilla, and salt; add to melted chocolate mixture and blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Divide batter equally into prepared pans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted an inch from center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Allow to cool completely before cutting. If necessary, run a thin knife between pan and brownies and turn upside down. (I didn't need to do this because I used that Pam Bakers spray.) Recipe calls for cutting each round into 8 wedges, but I cut into 12. We had 24 good-sized brownies. Yum.
-Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment