Dressing
1/3 C olive oil
1/4 C red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 Tbsp sugar or honey
1 Tbsp chopped fresh onion (sometimes I'll use a tsp of dry minced onion, or onion powder, or no onion in the dressing at all if I'm going to put red onion in the salad...)
1 Tbsp poppyseeds
1 Tbsp dry mustard
I put all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine. This usually makes more dressing than I need, but it depends on how many people you're serving and how heavily dressed you like your salad.
Greens
I mix baby spinach with a spring lettuce mix, but any combination of lettuces you want would do.
Toppings
I always put in the following:
toasted slivered almonds
shredded Swiss cheese
cottage cheese
a cubed, unpeeled fuji apple or two
I'll put in any or all of the following if they're in season/I have them on hand/I'm in the mood:
grapes, halved
sliced strawberries
raspberries
blackberries
pomegranate arils
chopped red onion
cooked, crumbled bacon
No comments:
Post a Comment