This is a quick, simple, tasty and nutritious vegetarian Blendtec recipe. Although I imagine a regular old food processor or blender would do the trick just fine as well.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (I usually do a little more)
2 C low-sodium vegetable broth, divided (I usually do a little more)
4 C kale, approx 6-8 leaves, ribs removed and roughly chopped
2 (15 oz) cans white beans, drained, rinsed and divided
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (a scant 1/2 tsp if you don't like things too spicy)
1/3 tsp ground cumin
Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saute pan. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, approx. 5 minutes. Add 1 C broth and kale to pan and cover. Cook until kale is wilted, approx. 5 minutes. While kale is softening, add remaining broth, half of beans, crushed red pepper and cumin to blender. (If you're using a Blendtec, select the "Batters" mode which blends at a crazy fast speed for about 15 seconds.) Add bean blend and remaining whole beans to pan. Simmer for approx. 5 minutes and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment