Saturday, June 21, 2014

Soft Gingerbread Cookies


3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar

Beat tip light and fluffy.  Then add:

1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk together:

3 cups flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Add to wet mixture; beat on low until mixed.

Form into balls and roll in granulated sugar.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes until centers are puffed and slightly cracked and edges are set.


Note:  I don't plan on making my original molasses cooked anymore.  They taste good, but always flatten out and look unattractive.  I plan on working with this new recipe and try to make them even puffier.  The original recipe calls for sandwiching two cookies together with a cream cheese/lemon filling.  That would probably be good, but I prefer the plain, yummy cookie.  If you want to use the filling, the recipe is from ourbestbites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment