Saturday, November 26, 2011

Best Chocolate Buttercream for Cupcakes

Adapted from www.browneyedbaker.com

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature ( probably used salted and it was fine)
2 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz. Ghiradelli semisweet chocolate (look for the gold wrapper), melted and cooled slightly
(original recipe calls for 4 oz semi- or bittersweet chocolate.  That wasn't enough for me.  I also tried a Lindt 60% and used 6 oz.  Also not enough.  My favorite was the Ghiradelli 8 oz.)

Whip together butter and powdered sugar. Then add vanilla and melted chocolate.

You can store this in the fridge, but let it come to room temperature and give it a quick whip before using.

I like this not just for cupcakes.  We put it on double fudge chocolate chip brownies.  It was amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievably fantastic but must be served at room temperature. If it's cold from the fridge, you can use any old chocolate frosting. It must be room temperature to appreciate the silky-smooth texture. This is the best chocolate frosting I've ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete