Spicy Green Bean or Asparagus Salad
(original recipe calls for asparagus)
from Natalie DuPree Cooks Great Meals for Busy Days
3 green onions, chopped
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp oriental sesame oil
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp chili oil (maybe start with a 1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes (start with a 1/4 tsp)
2 lbs asparagus (peeled) or green beans (tips removed) and blanched
In a small bowl combine the green onions, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, oriental sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, sugar, chili oil, and red pepper flakes. Mix thoroughly and pour over blanched vegetables. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 4-6.
Mom's Notes: I always want more marinade than they tell you because if you do this amount of marinade it will not cover the beans and I think everything should be covered. Now the last time I made them they were not a hit and I was surprised because I had let them marinate too long and people didn't like them. Maybe I marinated them for 5 days or something and I thought 3 days would be better. But again this is something you need to experiment with, take notes on, and decide how you like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment