Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweet Spinach Salad

Spinach
Granny Smith apple - sliced thinly
Craisins - handful
Almonds (sliced or slivered) - toasted
Bacon - chopped
Cheese (swiss or whatever sounds good) - grated or chopped
Red onion - 1/2 medium, sliced into thin half-moons
Poppy Seed Dressing

Poppy Seed Dressing:
1/3 c white sugar
1/2 c distilled white vinegar
1 tsp dry ground mustard
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 c canola oil

Mix sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, and poppy seeds in a blender. (I use a mason jar and immersion blender.) With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the oil to emulsify.

Note: The actual dressing recipe calls for 1 tsp grated onion. I left it out because I had onions in the salad. But if you don't want chunks of onion in the salad, I recommend you put it in the dressing for a little kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment